9 Comments

1. Profile photo of lahikmajoe

I’ve always enjoyed going to New Orleans and haven’t been back since before Katrina.

Good to know both Café Du Monde and Café Amelie are doing well. The coffee and beignets at the former are delicious, but the way you described the latter makes me wish I could teleport myself back to Café Amelie.

Thanks for the memories.

2. Profile photo of

You’ve made me so jealous reading this! I’ve always wanted to go to EMERIL’S Delmonico, and the other stops that you mention sound wonderful was well! What a nice trip!

Can’t wait to hear your Lapsang Souchong Chickpea Vegetable recipe! That sounds amazing!:shock:

1. Profile photo of jopj

Thanks Brian I hope you will get there soon. Thanks for reading and replying. Soups On! next week

3. Profile photo of Jackie

Jo, I was looking forward to this post since you first talked about your trip on the forum. http://teatra.de/talk/topic/new-orleans/
    I haven’t been to New Orleans, but if I go, I should take this with me. Pity the “Cafe du Monde” doesn’t serve tea but the beignets sound amazing! Just thinking that it’d be great if the pics were a little larger, perhaps even clickable? Just so those donuts can really pop out at me and make me want them even more..

4. Profile photo of LatteTeaDah

The pictures and descriptions are heavenly! Thank you for sharing them with us. Shrimp and grits, me-oh-my-oh 🙂 I’ll definitely have to add Cafe Amelie to my list the next time I make it down there. Can’t be too bad of a place if they know their tea!

5. Profile photo of Xavier

I always had a thing for La Nouvelle Orléans (it was French after all ;)) and thanks to you, I have some places to visit if I ever go there.

6. Profile photo of lahikmajoe

Haven’t been back to New Orleans in years, but I suspect these days I’d be the guy with the travel mug scarfing down my beignets on the bench outside.

I’m sure if I ever make it back to New Orleans, I’ll definitely check out Café Amelie. Definitely.